Section 8 Company (NGO) Registration in India
Company Registration is now easy when done by FileFunda. We provide quick and affordable service to register a private limited company through 100% online process (WhatsApp your documents we will do the rest).
Register a Section 8 Company (NGO) in India
A Section 8 Company is a specific form of Company which:
- Is incorporated for the promotion of commerce, art, science, education, research, sports, charity, social welfare, religion, protection of environment or any such other object.
- It intends to apply all it’s profits, income, or other earnings, in promoting these objects.
- Pays no dividend or income to its members.
These are limited companies, which are registered under the Companies Act, and will be treated as limited companies without the phrase “limited” being added to their name. They may have been registered either as “private limited or public limited companies”.
Section 25 Company (under Companies Act, 1956) is a prior version. Section 8 Companies are a legal form of “Non-Profit Organizations (NPOs) or Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs)”. A Section 8 Company has the authority to work anywhere in the country.
Advantages of Section 8 Company (NGO) Registration
Section 8 Company is a separate legal entity and is different from it’s members. The Company has perpetual existence. Along with having organized operations and greater flexibility.
Section 8 Company is not required to suffix “Public Limited or Private Limited”, next to it’s legal name. It can be registered with names such as “Association, Society, Council, Club, Charities, Foundation, Academy, Institute, Organisation, and Federation”.
The company’s obligation or debts of does not create a charge over the owner’s personal assets. Their liability stays limited only to the capital subscribed and unpaid by them.
Documents required to register a Section 8 Company (NGO)
Formulation of Company Name
Register a Company in 3 Easy Steps
Process to Register a Company in India
- Pick a Package that best fits your requirements
- Fill in our questionnaire that takes less than 10 minutes
- Provide basic details & documents required for registration
- Make payment through secured payment gateways
- Review of documents and information provided
- Application for Digital Signature Certificate
- Assigned Relationship Manager
- Procurement of Digital Signatures (DSC)
- Application for Company Name Registration
- Documents drafting including MOA and AOA
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Application for PAN and TAN
- Checking Name availability
- Drafting of MoA, AoA & other required documents
- All it takes is 3-10 working days*
- Name reservation application under SPICe
- Filing company registration application
- DIN allotment application
- Application for PAN and TAN of company
- Government processing time
After Incorporation what you get:
* If opted for GST Registration then only GST Registration Certificate will be given.
Over 1 Lakh Companies registered Annually in India
Be the part of corporate India
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Explore Section 8 Company Registration
Yes, you can register your Sec 8 company at your residential address. There is no issue, you need only the utility bill copy of the same
Yeah, it’s a good idea to register on your family member on the Paper. Even on later stage you can change this or transfer the shares of the directors.
It depends on Government Processing and approval. But when you register your Company with FileFunda it is fastest, on an average it takes up to 3 to 10 working days to register a section 8 company in India.
It costs nearby 16999/- INR except in some state like Punjab, Kerala and MP State due to Stamp Duty. The package is for two directors only, in case of each additional Director or Shareholder will cost ₹1500. In case of incorporation in Madhya Pradesh, an additional stamp duty of Rs.7500 will be applicable. In case of incorporation in Punjab, an additional stamp duty of Rs.10, 000 will be applicable. In case of Kerala, an additional stamp duty of Rs.3000 will be applicable.
GST Registration is optional till the 20 lakh rupees turnover and for north east state 10 lakh rupees turnover. it’s a completely separate registration apart from section 8 company registration.
In the private limited company all the eForms has to be filed with the DSC issued by a CCA approved Certifying Authority.
Basically, with the section 8 company registration, you company name has been secured. but if we talk about the logo registration then there is separate trademark registration
It’s a life time validity of the section 8 company registration certificate. But there are some situation where Section 8 company name can be terminated from the ROC –
– if the company are not filings regular Annual Returns.
Yes, you can become director of the company if you are not bounded with any employment contract for the same, for more details must check your employment agreement.
No, you don’t need to be present any Government office, you have to just provide us the documents as scanned copy via our web portal or email or whatsapp and we will do the rest for you.
If we talk about the annual maintenance or compliance then its include following things ;
1) Appointment of the Auditor with the statutory audit of the accounts (ADT-2). Filings of the AGM, Annual Return and financial statement
3) Filings of the Income Tax Return for the same.
To register such company, the promoters have to ensure the following:
1) The main object of the company must be to operate for a charitable purpose and among those prescribed in law
2) Minimum 2 members of the company, who shall subscribe to capital on incorporations
3) Minimum 2 directors in the company, one of which must be Indian citizen and resident
4) The registered office of the company must be situated in India
The Section 8 company is popularly known as NGO. However, NGOs can be registered as other business structure like trust, society, etc. But Section 8 Company has many added benefits.
Upon registration of Sec 8 company, central government issues a license under section 8 of the Companies Act to give the entity a special recognition.
More Questions? Seek Help of an Expert
We take pride! Not in our work, but in your words.
FileFunda registered our private limited company in just 4 days, I just mailed them my documents, it was really hassle free and so easy to Incorporate our dream company.Syed Abubakkar SiddiqueMD, Serprok Technologies Private Limited
FileFunda team registered my brand Trademark seamlessly, even in covid-19 pandemic they processed my Trademark application within 2 days only. Super fast service.Nityananda SahaProprietor of Trademark, ATTAJA
They registered our law firm's LLP in just 3 days, sent all the documents over WhatsApp and few documentations, our LLP was registered.ANUPAM BRAHMABrahma & Sarkar Associates LLP